Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Love

My love for my children is deeper than they will know
I have to respect their independence, allow them to experience life and make mistakes
I am a waiting ear, ready to listen, to give advice, to guide
I will not chase, force, or smother my almost adult children
I have learned through experience that approach only escalates the number of lessons learned the hard way

So where is the fine line?
How do they know you care without thinking you're a crazy woman?
My Dad has that formula mastered
I wish I could be more like him.
I could be mostly honest, never wanted to disappoint, and always knew he'd come to my rescue if I needed him
Sometimes I wish my kids were as easy to read as my dogs.  You always know when a dog is appreciative, affectionate, tired, hungry, happy, restless....

The best way for me to be a good mom is to trust my instincts, let my babies fly, and pray they will find their true passion and pathway in life.

I love you all, more than you know.
I have worked hard all my life to be an example
I have tried to be patient, loving, accepting, and firm when I needed to be

I'm sure I haven't gotten it right every time...but hopefully the right has outweighed the wrong

Dear Lord, keep my babies safe.  Help them to make choices that will enrich their lives.  In Jesus' name.....Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment