Thursday, February 2, 2012

Analyzing or Worrying?

I use a lot of energy analyzing and weighing choices, situations, plans for improvement.  When faced with important decisions my brain immediately starts spinning and I have to work it through before moving on to much else, I do research, ask others for their opinions, and try to figure out every possible scenario for choices being considered.  I try to have a general plan of how to realistically implement that choice.  Sometimes it's simple and straightforward and a quick process.  Other times it is an emotional journey that stresses me to the point that those closest to me notice the effects.  I usually don't take long to work through that acute phase, but wish I could find a way to relax and not experience the bad parts of my creativity.  I have had physical symptoms such as shortness of breath or chest pain.  I have withdrawn and become quiet as I problem solve.  I have reached out to others for support and gotten frustrated if they don't respond to my stress in the way that I need them to.  Once I come out on the other side of my stress I am able to make clear and good decisions.  I am highly successful in implementing those decisions once I make them.  The whole process confuses me because I am not afraid of change...I thrive on challenges and high expectations.  I am stuck...wondering if I am experiencing my natural process for analyzing and problem solving or it it's unnecessary worry that I should try to do something about.   Haha.....yes, I guess I am writing this post because I am worrying about how much I worry.  Anyone have the name of a good shrink?

No comments:

Post a Comment