Saturday, February 25, 2012

Friday night at home...Ramblings that make no sense

So, lately I have been busy...working long hours, sleeping only a bit...running to keep up with plays and hand chime performances, and everything but the laundry.  I'm tired.  My brain is overworked.  I needed a day at home.  Funny how I still can't let go and relax.

I could have slept.  I could have watched a brainless show on TV.  I could have just not done anything.  Instead I read work emails and talked to a friend on Facebook whom I love, but who is so negative about everything!  I try to say cheerful things and something really messed up comes back in return.  It makes me wonder just what can happen to someone's spirit that they are so surrounded in negativity.  I can never talk to her long without having the energy sucked out of me.

I saw this show recently called "The Secret".  It talked about the power of positivity and how thoughts become things....for example, if you constantly worry that you will have financial trouble....you will have financial trouble.  If you think of yourself as wealthy, comfortable, and out of dept...the Universe will make that happen.

Now I don't know if I totally subscribe to that philosophy, but I don't underestimate the power of positive thinking.  I've realized how much of an energy robber negativity is for me.  It sends me down a path quickly that I really need to avoid.  I am by nature a positive person that likes to believe that others have the best of intentions....until they have beat me to a bloody pulp with their bad intentions... even then, I try to stay positive or not talk about them.  I don't want those who don't have an interest in my well being to have a say or any influence in my life.  Thankfully, I have no trouble with telling people how I feel to their faces, so it's rare that I am trapped in negative thought.  This trait has gotten me in trouble more than once in my life, but it is honest and helps me to sleep at night!  Ethics and honesty are amazingly important to me.

We dyed a blue streak in my whoodles hair tonight...just for the fun of it.  Poor baby....it is really dark between her eyes and lighter on the rest of her head.  I am hoping it is faded when it dries!  LOL....mistake of the night.

Lexi touched up the blue in her hair (thus the whoodle dye).  She's happy.  Somehow her two friends are at our house without asking and they seem to expect to stay for the night.  Eh, I guess it's ok.  Too late to walk home now.

There is an extremely annoying movie on TBS that has Larry the Cable Guy in it.  I don't even care enough to find out the name.  "Something Witnesses".....says Lexi.

Wow, can't believe I'm really a Grandma.  Kelly and I are way too young to be Grandparents.

Found out through the rumor mill that apparently my husband's joke starring me where he talks about why he's a happy man was the subject of an off color discussion at work.  Thanks honey!

Missing Kelly.  We've both been working a LOT lately!  Looking forward to a trip to California soon.  It's been 8 years since we have flown away together somewhere just the two of us.  Way overdue!

I love my Loki puppy....he's so cute!  This dog is probably the most affectionate dog I have ever had.  He doesn't realize he weighs over 70 pounds...he just plops on your lap, rests his head on your shoulder, leans against you as you stand.

The scary thing about this post is that I just typed everything that ran through my head without editing or filtering for the last few minutes.

Larry the Cable guy is crude and NOT funny!

Ok...off to get a glass of water and maybe lay down.  Hope my honey is home soon.

Night Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment