Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tired and Weak

Death is just a whisper away
It hides waiting for me to slip up and fall
I can feel it gripping at my chest
Crushing out my breath
Draining all my strength
I don't want to give in
It has me scared
Not sure of what is happening
Control is out of my hands for the moment.
I can't give it a name or a face. Just know that somehow I am not as
strong as I was
I'm not as strong as I can be and I need to find out why.
I feel like my reserve is gone.
I've been tapping into it and straining it for years.
I am still young.
Why do I feel old?
What have I done to deserve this?
How can I gain back control?
I float along listlessly.
Waiting for something strong to grab hold of
Waiting for relief to come floating by
When will it end?

~original poem by Dee~

Written September 22,2002

No comments:

Post a Comment